My first entry for the Stacking the Shelves Meme by Tynga’s Reviews.
I am going to try to catch up with books that have been added to my shelves from Christmas 2014 to the present and then continue weekly.
#2 Books acquired between Christmas ’14 and Present. These are books I got from a friend who was downsizing her library. Mostly home schooling books and a couple YA series books for my daughter.
1. Tess of the d’urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
2. The Potters Field by Ellis Peters
3. The Heretics Apprentice by Ellis Peters
4. Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Nhat Hanh
5. Children and Their Temperaments by Marieke Anscutz
6. Three Tragedies Sophocles I
7. Gonna Bake Me a Rainbow Poem by Peter Sears
8. The Terrible Tudors by Terry Deary & Neil Tonge
9. Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
10. Painless Algebra by Lynette Long, Ph.D.
So here is the beginning of my Christmas 2014 books. All of the books in this post were purchased through Thriftbooks with a gift card I got in my stocking. I discovered Thriftbooks a few weeks ago when I saw a post on Tumblr. I am now obsessed with this site!
Purchased Strong’s Exhaustive Bible Concordance on recommendation as an extra resource for delving deeper in my bible study time.
My first copy of The Message-The Bible in Contemporary Language. Looking forward to using this in my Bible study time.
Next are two books by one of my favorite Christian author’s, Elisabeth Elliot. The first is Keep A Quiet Heart and also Let Me Be A Woman, which was previously lent to me by a friend. Now I have my own copy for re-reading.
Finally I got a collection of the Anne of Green Gables series. I have these on audio books and have listened to them numerous times. I wanted to collect the books for myself and for my daughter!